Stock Investment Discussion Forums  

Go Back   Stock Investment Discussion Forums > Stock/Investment Discussion > Stock Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-01-2011, 05:36 AM
Administrator

Default Stock Market Crash 2011

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/dan-do..._b_804957.html

This article finds the same reasons that I do for a possible crash this year, which I felt would have happened last year. The economy isn't as good as people think it is and Europe is by no means out of trouble, all of this seems to point to an artificial market/bull run that has to come to a crash back to reality.
Old 03-13-2011, 08:56 PM
Administrator

This article seems to tell things like they are, you can't see such a huge drop last week in the world markets and think it's only temporary. I think it's a sign of what is to come at some point this year, regardless of if the markets seem to recover.

I've noticed in the last several weeks that lots of good stocks and companies have stalled, they're not rising as much as they should.

The Dow's Plunge: Should You Be Worried?

http://finance.yahoo.com/banking-bud...ByZWFzb25zdG93
Old 03-13-2011, 10:23 PM
Administrator

This article predicts that next week in the TSX will be a continued downward trend, and usually the TSX follows the same lines as the NYSE so I bet both will do the same thing.

Regardless of what people say, I'm sure insiders must know this is either the start of a crash/bear market or a temporary correction. At least they're not denying that the market has been hot and has climbed high and hard for more than 2 years and that things do have to slow down at some point.

But could this be like the correction in 2008 just before the big crash? I've always said something is wrong when metals like gold/silver are rising with equities since that shouldn't be happening. Although I'm new to the investment scene, I've read and seen enough to know that what's happened in recent months defies the norm.

http://www.news1130.com/business/art...r-more-losses-
lengthy-rally-stalls-on-worries-about-slowing-economy
Old 03-29-2011, 10:04 PM
Administrator

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/Market...sset=&cc ode=

According to this article the market is healthy, strong and predictable. If the market was so predictable the mainstream media would have forecast the 2008 crash well in advance and failing that, with things being so predictable no one would have lost money right?

I'm not trying to be cynical but this seems like propaganda, IMHO the markets are showing signs of weakness and instability still.
Old 05-01-2011, 05:05 AM
Administrator

I've noticed that in recent days the stock markets have been in the red or barely advancing, while Gold & Silver has been moving like mad. I think we're getting closer to a crash.
Old 12-12-2011, 01:14 AM
Administrator

It hasn't happened yet but during the summer there was an unprecedented downturn in the entire world stock markets. Even until now the markets have been all over the place, and are often up or down a few percent or more each day. Ever since then many things have happened including the Eurozone problems coming to the forefront and also news that the US economy especially hasn't been doing as well as the media portrayed it. As most of us know, regardless of the numbers games that are being played, the US economy is not doing well and consumers are especially struggling still.

I still think we are heading to a crash and that the poor world economy hasn't been accounted for in the stock markets. I think we could still see something the same or worse than 2008, but then again my belief about this happening last year didn't happen and it so far hasn't happened this year exactly.